Monday, July 30, 2007

Donostia (by Michelle)





We love Donostia (San Sebastian is its Spanish name) and spent several great days there. We took a boat ride to the island of Santa Clara, explored the great aquarium (while David went bookstoring - is that a verb?), body surfed and enjoyed the sculptures along the beach. We can't wait to come back with the students in a month. A recent newspaper article said that Donostia is the most expensive place to live in Spain. Could we all pool our resources?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mcfarlanes said...

We want to know what is on the other side of that statue.

Jared said...

Imagine how expensive Donostia is on a missionary budget...

Jared said...

Imagine how expensive Donostia is on a missionary budget!

David Laraway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Leah, you'll have to use your imagine to guess at what is on the other side of the statue. I should have posted that we call the photo "But... Dad." I love that it looks like David is trying to protect them from the statue. I laugh everytime that I look at it.

Jared, $$$$ and you couldn't even go to the beach!

steph said...

OK I love the art on the beach. 2 of my favorite things! My favorite is Dave and the kids looking up the giant legs and beyond. I want a vacation house there too.