Friday, January 4, 2008

Street Art (by Simon)

We've seen lots of people in Spain doing art.

When I saw a crowd in Alcala forming around a guy with a suitcase and a sign I wanted to see what he was doing. When I got closer I saw that he was painting.
He would dip his finger in oil paint and start rubbing it around the square of glass really quickly. After 1 or 2 minutes he had a cool miniature landscape.

Once we also saw a guy in the park making a landscape on a canvas with spray paints. It was pretty amazing.
Here is another man we saw painting in the Plaza Mayor in Madrid. He took lots more time and used large globs of paint.

Mom says that this man sketching the Alcazar castle in Segovia was singing loudly in Spanish. I wish I would have seen that.



No comments: