Thanks to my Dad for teaching me all I know about photography and showing me what fun it can be. I have such fond memories as a small girl watching him develop photos in our dark room, going on photo outings (this picture is me on one such outing) and tagging along to his evening photography class. I imagine that I was really there to be sort-of babysat, but I enjoyed it and I listened, watched and learned probably more than he realized.I especially remember one outing (up the Icicle River I think) when my Dad placed a leaf on a spider web and took a picture. I learned that day that a good photographer is able to see potential anywhere and, because my picture didn't turn out like his, I learned that it isn't just having a great eye that makes a photo. His tips for both are often in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment